BMI is a measure of a person’s weight relative to his or her height. It is determined by dividing the weight (in Kilograms) by the square of the height (in Meters).
How to use this BMI Calculator
- First select the tab for the group you fall in: Adult or Child.
- Enter your height in feet or click the Switch to cm link to enter in centimetres.
- Enter your weigh in pounds or click the Switch to kg link to enter in kilograms.
- Enter your age then select your sex.
- Optionally, enter your ethnicity.
- Next, select your activity level from one of the three choices given
- Click the Calculate button to get your results and recommendations.
What do my BMI results mean?
- BMI below 18.5 (Underweight): your body weight is lower than the weight range that is considered healthy for your height.
- BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 (Normal): your body weight is ideal for your height.
- BMI between 25 and 29.9 (Overweight): your body weight is greater than the weight range that is considered healthy for your height.
- BMI of 30 or more (Obese): you’ve too much body fat which is associated with an increased risk of developing health complications. Read more on Obesity here.