The eCitizen portal is your one-stop place as a Kenyan citizen to access government services online. From renewing driving licences, applying for Good Conduct Certificates to even registering your new businesses.
These and other services from various government departments are now only fingertips away from you, as opposed to the past where one had to bear long queues scattered at different offices within the capital.
This convenience however comes at some cost. First and foremost is the appropriately titled convenience fee which you’ve to part with as a service charge for using the eCitizen portal. The other cost is the all too familiar tragedy of our connected lives: remembering passwords.
Taking into account the number of online accounts we are compelled to keep nowadays, it’s inevitable that forgetting passwords itself becomes equally commonplace.
Fortunately, there are safeguards in place to remedy this shortfall in memory. It’s called resetting passwords and today we’ll be looking on how we can do that for our long forgotten eCitizen passwords.
Reset eCitizen Password
- Go to the eCitizen Login page and click the Forgot your password? link above the Login button.
- In the next page, you’ll be requested to provide your National ID Number or the Email address you signed up your eCitizen account with. Enter these details, then click the Reset My Password button.
- You’ll now be prompted to choose how you’d like to reset your password. The reset code can be sent either to your email address or as a text message to the mobile number you registered your account with. Take your pick and click the Continue button to proceed.
- You’ll immediately receive a confirmation code on your phone number. If you selected the email option, check your inbox.
- Take this code and enter it into the eCitizen page.
- You’ll now be prompted to create a new password for your account. Create and confirm it.
- Finally, go back to the login page and sign in using your new password. That’s it.
If you no longer have access to the phone number or email address you signed up with, then it won’t be possible for you to receive the reset code.
For such situations, it’s advisable to contact the eCitizen customer care for support before creating a new account. You can reach them through their phone number and WhatsApp on +254 706 206 206 or their email address at [email protected].