When you applied for your KRA PIN online for the first time, you were required to provide some information before you could get approved for the PIN. This information was in the following categories:
- Basic Information
- Obligation Details
- Source Income Details
- Agent Details
Now, as time goes by, it’s inevitable that some of the information you had provided back then changed. Probably you have since then got employed, started a business, became a landlord or just changed locations.
Whatever the reason, you may be obliged to update this information either because the law requires you to or for your own sake, such as when you need to change your iTax email address. Fortunately, the iTax portal makes all this possible and what’s more, you get to do it entirely online.
Note however that some changes will require approval by a KRA officer while others are automatically approved on the iTax portal. These approval requests are answered via the email address you registered your KRA PIN with. Let’s see how to go about making these changes.
How to Amend iTax PIN Details
- Visit the KRA iTax Portal and enter your PIN first to continue.
- Next, enter your password and answer the security stamp to log in.
- Before you can access the iTax dashboard, you may be prompted to verify your email address before proceeding. A pop-up window will prompt you to send a one-time password (OTP) to your email address. Send this verification code and immediately check your email address. Enter the code in this pop window and click the Submit button.
NOTE: You have to verify your email address before 15 minutes are over otherwise the code will have expired.
- Once you have access of the iTax dashboard, go to its menu then under Registration open the Amend PIN Details option.
- This will open a e-Amendment of Registration form with details of your Applicant Type, Taxpayer PIN and Taxpayer names filled already. The only fillable field is the Mode of Amendment which you should set to Online Form then click the Next button.
- Doing that will open the Amendment form. However, before you can make any changes to the form, you need to put a checkmark on the PIN option. This will allow you to select the sections that you wish to be amended.
- That will reveal a list with all the sections that can be amended. Put a checkmark on all the sections you wish to make any changes on.
- Now go to whichever tab has the sections you have selected for amending and carefully update your information. Once you’re done, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button.
- You’ll then get a message notifying that all further communication from KRA will be sent to the email address you registered with. Click the OK button to confirm.
- That will take you back to the iTax dashboard with a message that your amendment request has been completed successfully.
If you made any changes in sections that require approval, you’ll now have to wait for an email address from KRA regarding the status of your approval. If not, then you’re done updating your information.
Details that Require Approval
As previously mentioned, changing some details will require approval from a KRA officer while others are automatically approved.
Sections and fields that require approval include:
- Principal Postal Address
- Contact details
- Bank Account details
- Details of Economic Activities
- Trading / Business Name
- Declaration of a Legal Representative
- Agent Details (Tax Agent or Intermediary Agent)
You can also refer to the screenshot below for the official version:
Updated PIN Certificate
You’ll get a confirmation email from KRA if the amendment of any of the above details is approved. Attached to the email will be an updated copy of your PIN certificate for you to download.
Going forward you’ll now use this copy with the updated details.