You may not know this but it’s possible to sambaza your Telkom Kenya airtime to another number just like in Airtel or Safaricom. Telkom appropriately calls this service of their Pasha.
The minimum amount you can transfer to another Telkom number is Ksh.10 while the maximum is set at Ksh.3500. Regarding costs, you will not be charged anything for this transfer unlike Airtel which has recently introduced a charge on their ME2U service.
To transfer credit to another Telkom number, you can use three options that include:
- USSD Short Code
- Using MyTelkom App
- Using Sim Toolkit/Sim Applications
Let’s look at both of them.
Option 1: Transfer Airtime using USSD Short Code
1. Go to your phone and dial *140#.
2. Doing that will prompt you to enter the amount to transfer. Enter an amount between 10 – 3500.
|Enter Amount to Transfer|
3. Enter the number to receive the amount, send and you’re done. Now just wait to receive the confirmation SMS
|Enter Recipient’s No.|
If for some reason the above fails, you can also take the slightly longer route by doing the following: Dial *100# or #123# then select 5 for Products and services followed by 1 for Credit transfer.
|Select Credit Transfer|
After this, carry on as explained above by entering the amount to transfer followed by the recipient’s Telkom number.
Option 2: Transfer Airtime using MyTelkom App
1. Download and install My Telkom app for Android if you haven’t yet.
2. In the app’s start page tap on the Credit Transfer button.
3. In the pop up menu enter the phone number of the recipient and below it the amount to transfer then tap the Confirm button.
|Enter Recipient No. & Amount|
4. Enter your app password that you created during the app’s registration then tap the Continue button.
|Enter App Password|
5. You should get the message that the credit transfer was successful.
|Credit Transfer Successful|
Option 3: Transfer Airtime using Sim Toolkit/Sim Applications
1. Open the Telkom Sim Toolkit/Sim Applications and select My Telkom followed by My Account.
2. In the menu select Credit Transfer then follow the USSD prompts as described in the first method to complete the request.
Since this has come up before, let me address it here for those few not aware of it. You can only transfer airtime within the network you’re in. If you try transferring your Telkom airtime to an Airtel or Safaricom user nothing will happen. The same holds true for the other mobile networks.