Airtel Kenya is mostly known for its cheap calling rates and data offers however it has a host of similar services that its main competitor Safaricom provides. Such is the case with SMS bundles which many people may be forgiven for thinking is offered by Safaricom only.
While less popular, Airtel runs a SMS bundle subscription service that’s offers more value compared to Safaricom SMS Bundles. Airtel SMS bundle include more SMS and has less limitations since:
- The SMS bundles are split by half for on-net and off-net use. Hence, unlike the Safaricom ones that have to be used on-net only, with Airtel SMS bundles you can SMS people on other local networks. This is also the case with Telkom’s SMS Bundles.
- Unused SMS are carried over to the next day/period if you’ve subscribed to an auto-renewed SMS bundle. On Safaricom they expire at midnight.
Subscribing to Airtel SMS Bundles
1. Dial the code *767*2# or alternatively dial *767# then reply with 2 for SMS Bundles.
|Choose SMS Bundles|
2. Choose the validity period of the SMS bundle you wish to buy followed by the specific bundle in the daily plans. For the weekly and monthly bundles reply with 1 to proceed. The SMS bundles on offer include:
- 6 SMS (3 off-net and 3 on-net) for Ksh.3 daily
- 40 SMS (20 off-net and 20 on-net) for Ksh.5 daily
- 250 SMS (125 off-net and 125 on-net) for Ksh.10 daily
- 500 SMS (250 off-net and 250 on-net) for Ksh.20 daily
- 500 SMS (250 off-net and 250 on-net) for Ksh.30 weekly
- 1,500 SMS (750 off-net and 750 on-net) for Ksh.75 monthly
3. Choose whether to buy only once or to auto-renew once the validity period ends.
|Buy Once or Autorenew|
You should then get a confirmation message once your request is processed.
Unsubscribing from Airtel SMS Bundles
1. Dial *767*2# or alternatively dial *767# then reply with 2 for SMS Bundles.
2. Reply with 6 for Unsubscribe.
|Unsubscribe SMS Bundles|
You should then shortly receive an SMS confirming the unsubscription from auto-renewing SMS bundles.
Checking your Airtel SMS Bundles Balance
To check your SMS bundle balance just dial *767*2# then reply with 5 for Check SMS Balance. You’ll then receive an SMS with your bundle balance.